Saturday, December 14, 2013

Interview preparation: Tell me something about yourself

A very simple yet perplexing interview question which now and then every candidate has to faced during his interview is Tell me something about yourself . While basic aim of asking this question is to know something about the personality traits of the individual candidate related to the job profile apart from qualities mention in the resume, Yet most of the times candidates end up saying same thing again thus lost the golden opportunity to impress the interviewer on the first gate of so called interview chakravyuh.

As there is no particular format for this question thus , I am sharing  some sample answers collected from various sources of the internet:

Some Important Tips: Do not just rattle off random information about yourself
- Tell about 'Yourself' not about your family members in detail.
- Be confident (don't act as confident, don't be overconfident too).
- Build a good story around you.
- Be smiled, be cool, that's all.


1)Good morning sir.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Abhijit Das. I'm pursuing B-Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Budge Budge Institute of Technology which is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology. I live in South Jagtala at Maheshtala in Kolkata. My birthplace is Contai, in East Midnapore. But I stay here for my study purpose.

I completed my 10th standard from Budge Budge St. Paul's Day School under. Then I joined Army Public School Kolkata from where I passed the 12th standard.

My career objective is, To work in an organization with a professional work driven environment where I can gain experience as well as utilize and apply my.

Knowledge and skills which would enable me as a fresh graduate to grow while fulfilling organizational goals.

Now coming to my family, my father is a service man in the Indian Army. Presently he posted to New Delhi. He is in the unit, GE (EAST) DELHI CANT. , NEW DELHI. And,

My Mother is a housewife. I have no siblings, and I stay here in I stay here in Kolkata along with my mother.

Basically I'm a calm person and I'm so interested in learning new things everyday. I believe in hard work, as a key to success.

Well, coming to my hobbies, in leisure time when I get my friends together I play cricket with them. And when I'm alone I sit for Internet surfing, listening songs and watching movies.

Thank you.

2)Hello Sir/Mam, Good Evening to I'm very happy to introduce my self.
This is Siva Thota I've completed my B-Tech in JNTU Kakinada University in the specialization of ECE.

I am 2012 pass out. Currently I'm staying in Hyderabad.

I'm workaholic Person always interest to learn new things and like the new challenges.

My hobbies are spending time with friend in free time.

I usually solve the Sudoku puzzles and playing chess in weekends which help me to increase my concentration levels, thinking capabilities and to find the opponent capabilities.

I am familiar with computer, Like to learn new technologies.

I have friendly nature with my friends help to them for solving their doubts, And never hesitate to ask my doubts and learn for new things. I give respect to everybody.

If I get opportunity, I'm Very confident to prove my self and I Can become a asset to the company.

3)Hello sir,
I'm Santhosh kumar, friends call me as Santhu. Now I'm currently pursuing Bachelors Degree in the stream of Electronics and Communications Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies. I completed my intermediate in the same university.

I concluded my secondary school education in 2008 with 92% marks. I'm very passionate about embedded systems, chip designing, Hardware interfacing and firmware programming. These made me to the best of mine in these areas and to choose my career as "Embedded systems and design". I think always positively so that I am an optimistic person.

I'm also a good team player, I can give my best support to the team leading. I behave proactively and Resilient person. Recently I was selected to present a paper among 200 contestants and appreciated by the judges with a certificate. I stood as a mandal topper and selected in APIIIT by the government. I also appreciated by the state governor for donation of blood with an appreciation certificate.

My short term goal is to prove best of mine at entry level where I work. My mid term goal is to see my self as project manager in the same place and my long term goal is to see myself at top level senior executive manager and to establish a charity for the old and physically challenged.

At leisure time I would like to concentrate on my physical and mental health by practicing yoga and meditation. I habituated to solve sudoku and playing chess made me to think logically and increases my power of concentration.

4)Good morning Sir/Madam,
I am Mownesh and I am 20 years old. I put-up in Kanakpura main road Bangalore. I pursued my graduation on computer science stream with an aggregate of 66% in the year 2013 and also I have undergone CCNA training on Routing and Switching. I am a fresher.

About my family concern - my father is working in his own business, my mother is a housewife and I have an younger sister she is pursuing 12th std.

My strengths are my parents, my friends, my qualification, self-motivated and confident, hardworking.

I am comfortable with four languages - Hindi, Telugu, Kannada and English. Coming to my hobbies - I don't have any hobbies particular but when I feel free I prefer to play cricket and listen music.

My short term goal is to crack this interview and get placed in this company and enhance my knowledge. My long term goal is want to be achieved the successful position in any company and fulfill my parents desire.


5)Good morning Sir/Madam.
I'm Kavya Sarala from Hyderabad. I have completed my Intermediate in Sri Chaitanya Junior kalasala, Now pursuing my Bcom 2nd year in Shanthi degree college in correspondence.

My strengths: I am a quick learner, Great follow up skills and a positive attitude.

I am versatile, Strong attention to detail, strong leadership skills.

Coming to my Family Back ground, father is welder, mother is Home maker, and I have two sibling.

My hobbies:Gardening, Reading stories, cooking new items.

My Goal is to settle in good job in BPO sector as in high good position.

Role and Responsibilities of the Bank PO

feel free to drop ur comments.....

Stay tuned for more updates....

2 comments :

  1. Ӏ like the helρful information you рrovіde іn youг aгticleѕ. I'll bookmaгκ уour blog and chеcκ agаin hеre гegularlу. I аm quіte ѕure I'll learn many nеω stuff гight here! Bеst of luck fοг the neхt!

    ReplyDelete